Mark the date:
November 17, 2012
7:00 am to 11:00 am EDT
This month’s Sew-In will be next Saturday. I learned a lot from last months, so let me clear a few things up.
A Sew-In is a dedicated time for you to Sew! Use it as an excuse to your family “hey, I can’t do laundry right now, I signed up for a Sew-In”. Sewing when you know others are sewing is just more fun and it is exciting to see what everyone worked on. Although, the time above is Eastern Daylight Time – you sew whenever Saturday morning is for you wherever you happen to be. If the morning doesn’t work for you, then sew in the afternoon or whatever works for you. The important thing is to share, by Sunday evening, what you worked on. This sharing is a way to hold you accountable; it is our way of helping you in finding time to sew.
There will be a Twitter chat during the hours listed. This is the dedicated time that I will be on Twitter. But you can chat anytime after that time – Hey, I am not the quilt police! The Twitter chat is a lot of fun – I hope you can make it.
I will schedule one every month and give you a few reminders before hand. Please join us and share it with everyone you know. The more the merrier!
How it Works:
- Add your name and a link to your blog to the list below.
- Spread the word about the sew-in, either on your blog or through your social network channels
- Add the Sew-In badge to your blog
- On the morning of the sew-in – SEW! And have a great time; use the event as an excuse to your family to leave you alone – you are participating in a sew-in!
- Join the conversation on Twitter during the sew-in – follow it with #SMSI. TweetChat is an easy was to follow the party and join in the conversation.
- After the sew-in and before Sunday evening, post a picture or two on the Flickr group – showing us what you worked on; do a blog post, too.