As a complement to the blog, I have started a Facebook page. All the blog posts will be posted on the page – making it easier to see the update. But in addition, I will share any quick tidbits and reminders. I have been messing around with Facebook a lot lately and ‘re-learning’ how to use it. I forgot how fun it could be.
I have links to all the blog events – like the Recycling Challenge and the Sew-in. Plus apps that show my Pinterest, Twitter, & Google +. Now, during this blog revamp, I am doing the social media part slow and steady. I am learning one and getting into the habit of one before I move onto the next. So, right now, my Google+, Pinterest and such are very quiet. I believe doing it this way will stop me from being overwhelmed.
So please “Like” my page. I promise you will get lots of interesting info and tips. Also, if you “Friend” me, I will update you on what I am working on each day.
In my research, I learned that Facebook is not showing you all the posts from the pages that you like. Some believe they are doing this to force companies to pay to promote their posts. I personally don’t like this. I don’t like a cluttered news feed, but the reason I like a page is to get their updates and I find it too difficult and time consuming to visit every page every day. So here is the solution I found:
1. Make a new list
2. Click “Create a New List”
3. Name your list and click “Create”
4. In the upper right hand corner click “Manage List” then “Edit List”
5. In the new window – in the upper left hand corner, click “on the list” then “pages”
6. Click each page that you want to add to the list (MINE!) and click finish.
7. Go back to the Friends – more to see your lists
8. Find your newly created list, click on the pencil to the left of the name and click ‘Add to Favorites’ - this will move the list to the top, near your News Feed link.
9. From here you can rearrange if you like.
I know this sounds complicated, but it was really easy. Now I just click the “Quilt Blog Pages” and get a list of all the updates from my favorite blogs.
Don’t forget to “LIKE” my page!!