August 9, 2011 in Quilting
I have finally started working on the Gator quilt again. I have been really nervous about messing it up in the quilting stage. But now that football season is starting in a matter of weeks I have renewed energy to finish it.
Here is sits on my sewing table turned into a lightbox. I am marking the quilting using a lightbox because the pattern I am using is from computer printouts. Once it is all marked, I will sandwich it.
I found several Gator logos on the internet. I saved the images, converted them to black and white, enlarged them and printed them out. After doing some sample quilting – see below – I decided it would be better if the words were legible on the back of the quilt. I figure you won’t see them too clearly on the front with all the busy fabric. So, I turned the printout over and traced the outline on the back. This is what I am copying onto the front of the quilt.
I will not use batting when I sandwich the quilt. I did two samples, one with and one without; Rick liked the one without better.