April 26, 2009 ~ Today we talking about keeping and organizing a Fabric Stash.
What did I do this week:
Completed my first paperpieced block.
Picked up stuff to make baby booties for an upcoming baby shower.
Completed one bootie
Joined a quilt block swap on Facebook
Joined Ravelry, but I am still waiting on my invitation – Come on, Ravelry, it has been three days!
Care package from Kelley at the Pioneer Quilter.
Question of the Week Results
- When buying for your stash, how much do you buy
- 25 votes
- 48% buy one yard
- 28% buy 1/2 yard
- 12% buy 2-5 yards
- Corrine says “if you like it, buy a yard; if you REALLY like it buy 2 yards; if you can’t live without it, buy as much as your budget will allow”
Topic this week: Fabric Stash
- Benefits of a stash
- Tips for taking care of your stash
- Ways to organize your stash
- Folding the fabric in your stash
- How to know what you have
- Is it possible to have too much stash?
Check out these links for more tips:
Buy Comic Book Boards here.
Call to Action
- Answer this week’s poll
- Leave a comment and share how you manage your stash
I will post an article this week on all my research – no lunch breaks this week to get to it.